Speaking well of her or others in public is a foundation you should begin building now. Not only will mastering public recognition lead to a great relationship, it will also lead to a great future family and success in winning friends and influencing people. As Dale Carnegie said,
There is one all-important law of human conduct. If we obey that law, we shall almost never get into trouble. In fact, that law, if obeyed, will bring us countless friends and constant happiness. But the very instant we break the law, we shall get into endless trouble. The law is this: Always make the other person feel important.
Take a look at the top 10 things employees want from their jobs: “Appreciation,” “recognition,” and “praise” are words you will see across every survey result, outweighing money. If recognition and appreciation are important within a work environment, how much more important are they within the context of a relationship?
Declaring goodness begets goodness. Publicly saying good things about your girlfriend or wife can only yield good things. Here are four reasons you should brag about your girlfriend or wife:
1. Bragging about her will make her happy
If she’s not happy, you’re not happy. The solution? Brag about her. When she hears something sweet you say about her, she’ll get a rush of dopamine…instant happiness.
2. Bragging about her will build trust and safety
Knowing she is praised and appreciated will build trust and safety within the relationship. When a man declares good things about his wife in public, she can trust he’s thinking amazing things about her when he’s alone. My wife tells me how a guy treats his girlfriend or wife in public is an indicator of how he treats her at home.
3. Bragging about her will speak life into her
I heard Joel Osteen recently talk about how he praises his wife to draw out the goodness in her. He essentially says what you communicate about her in public is what she will become. Do you want your girlfriend to treat you with respect? Describe her as the most respectful woman you know. Do you want her to start going to the gym? Tell her she’s the epitome of healthy living. Give her something to live up to because in my experience, a guy’s persuasion techniques don’t work. I’m the top salesman in my company, but I can’t urge my wife to do much at all.
4. Bragging about her will influence others
You’re worried that if you brag about her your friends will think you’re a softie? The truth is, when I publicly recognize my wife, people are inspired. I’ve had so many people come up to me and tell me they hope they can have a relationship likes ours one day. Love changes the world.
Here are a couple of rules that will make her feel recognized and praised:
- Brag about her when she’s around: Kristen gets embarrassed because I always point out she’s the spokesmodel for LA Fitness and a former Miss USA. Even though she acts like she’s embarrassed, I know her heart tank is filling up. I’m her best spokesperson, and that’s the way it’s supposed to be.
- Brag about her when she’s not around: Every guy should know women have bionic hearing and on-point intuition. This means that he should treat every situation like she’s right by his side. Even if she may have missed your words, they are bound to get back to her through the unfailing sisterhood grapevine.
Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.
Brag about her to the top of the city, and she will be the best teammate you’ve ever had. Words are powerful. There are building words and there are destructive words. Make a pledge to only use building words when it comes to talking about the most significant person in your life. Make her understand her worth.