Dating can’t be singularly focused on getting married. What happens after you put a ring on it? You’ve achieved your goal, now what?
Dating goals must extend past the marriage ceremony.
Over the past couple of weeks, we’ve been discussing intentional dating, or dating with purpose. To sum it up, intentional dating is about having plans and goals in the dating process. It’s creating a plan of action, and implementing it.
Even in the initial dating stages, it’s important to visualize what kind of life you want to have in the long-run.
If successful professional athletes envision their performance before a competition, what’s wrong with imagining what your life will look like in 5,10, or even 30 years? Having a vision prevents distractions from taking you off course, even in your dating life.
Most guys just want a trophy wife, and trust me, I understand. I got one, but I also found the woman I will pursue for the rest of my life. Something more than great appearance must exist in order to build a great relationship that will last.
The goal of intentional dating isn’t just to find the one you will marry.
The goal of intentional dating is to find the woman you will date for the rest of your life.
If you’re like me, and you hate organization and making plans (in short, you’re a guy), I’ve come up with some questions to get you thinking long-term.
14 Questions To Discover Your Dating Goals
1. Is she trustworthy? Is she fully transparent with you, or do you catch her telling white lies?
2. Is this the type of girl you can see myself having hours of conversation with?
3. When you’re with her, is she the apple of your eye, or do you experience FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) on other activities?
4. Is she the type of girl who not only fits in with your family, but fits in with your vision of your future family?
5. Does she share a similar life dream or vision as you? If you want kids, does she want kids?
6. Could you imagine her raising your children?
7. Does she bring strength to areas you are weak in? If you’re a slob, is she organized?
8. Is she the type of girl who will stick around when times get tough?
9. Are you willing to delay gratification with her now for a better outcome later?
10. Are there any red flags you are ignoring at this moment?
11. Will she always be loyal to you? Does she demonstrate loyalty in other areas of her life currently?
12. What do you want your relationship to look like after physical beauty as passed?
13. In addition to loving you, does she love herself? Does she have self-confidence?
14. Does she take care of her care of her body? Is she concerned about long-term health?
Overall, does she make a good match with your long-term goals? Have these questions given you some idea of what you want your life to look like? It’s easy to be swayed and distracted by the many beautiful sirens luring every guy off his course at sea, but when you have a strong vision, not only will you overcome distractions, you will also maintain a strong hope in finding your future wife.